- SGI Laptops & Desktops Driver Download For Windows 10
- Sgi Laptops Refurbished
- Sgi Laptops Reviews
- Sgi Laptops For Sale
- Sgi Laptops For Seniors
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which split from HP last year, today announced that it has acquired SGI, a company that makes servers, storage, and software for high-performance computing, for $275 million in cash and debt.
SGI (originally known as Silicon Graphics) was cofounded in 1981 by Jim Clark, who later cofounded Netscape with Marc Andreessen. Following a years-long decline, and after being de-listed from the New York Stock Exchange, SGI filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009. That year it was acquired by Rackable Systems, which later adopted the SGI branding. SGI’s former campus in Mountain View, California, is now the site of the Googleplex.
“HPE and SGI believe that by combining complementary product portfolios and go-to-market approaches they will be able to strengthen the leading position and financial performance of the combined business,” HP said in a statement on the deal.
In combining itself with another legacy Silicon Valley brand, HPE is bolstering its enterprise-focused hardware and software with storied HPC gear.
Clark is one of Silicon Valley’s original high-flyers; his yacht Hyperion jump-started the who-can-build-a-bigger-racing-yacht contest with Oracle’s Larry Ellison — his company bought Sun in 2009. Most recently, Clark built a 100-foot carbon fiber racing yacht called Comanche. Its unofficial theme song is Queen’s “Fat Bottom Girls.” SGI employees, meanwhile, for years after its heyday boasted about their time at the company.
Above: The SGI UV in-memory supercomputer.
Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI) was a computing manufacturer that produced high-performance computer hardware and software from 1981 through 2009. SGI’s collaboration with game studio Rare and their work on Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park cements them within the 1990’s computing zeitgeist. Clark left his position as an electrical engineering associate professor at Stanford University to found SGI in 1982 along with a group of seven graduate students and research staff from.
- Silicon Graphics Prism SGI Visual Workstation 2x1.5GHz/4GB/146GB Prism - $6,305.00: Professional Multi Monitor Workstations, Graphics Card Experts Silicon Graphics Prism SGI Visual Workstation 2x1.5GHz/4GB/146GB Sign Up to see what your friends like. Silicon Graphics Prism SGI Visual Workstation 2x1.5GHz/4GB/146GB.
- The Wisdom for Creating Happiness and Peace Series-Parts 1-3 Item #331103-SPECIAL BUNDLE PRICING!! If purchased separately was $25.85, now $10.00.
- An SGI laptop is one of those recurring urban legends that everyone wishes was true. You could indeed get a Silicon Graphics laptop, but not in the way everyone thinks.
SGI, which is now based in Milpitas, California, brought in $533 million in revenue in its 2016 fiscal year and has 1,100 employees, according to the statement. Customers include the Tagged, Sigma-Aldrich, and the United States Postal Service.
HPE thinks buying SGI will be neutral in terms of its financial impact in the year after the deal is closed, which should happen in the first quarter of HPE’s 2017 fiscal year, and will later be a catalyst for growth.
HPE brought in $320 million in net income on $12.71 billion in revenue in the three months that ended on April 30, according to its most recent earnings statement. Earlier this year HPE spun off its enterprise services business.
SGI stock was up more than 27 percent in after-hours trading, while HPE stock was down slightly.
SGI Laptops & Desktops Driver Download For Windows 10
Blaise Zerega contributed to this story.
Sgi Laptops Refurbished
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
Sgi Laptops Reviews
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more