USB Composite Device (CHECK) Ready to use AudioBox USB (X) No driver found Audiobox USB (CHECK) Ready to use When I try installing the PresonusAudioBoxUSB2.8X64 packet, it asks me to unplug and then reconnect my AudioBox USB. When I do this, the PresonusAudioBoxUSB2.8X64 packet hangs and does not acknowledge the AudioBox hardware. Scroll to the listing for your device and then browse to the download tab for a link to the current or legacy version of the driver for your operating system. Please read the section for your device very carefully to ensure that you download and install the correct driver for your system. Bad USB port this can be a power issue (not all USB ports are equal!) and sometimes a powered USB hub is the best solution (and the ONLY one). USB port issues are NOT always power related. Some ports have other devices or ports that can conflict, through IRQ’s, and shared ports. DriverHive is a driver updater service that will scan your computer's installed devices, identify the best fitting drivers and provide them in an easy, convenient format. Individual drivers may be available on manufacturer websites at no charge. The Windows device manager shows the Audiobox as a separate entry called 'PreSonus USB Audio 2.0 Devices' rather than a device under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers. You have to use Control Panel - Sound to make the Audiobox the default recording and/or playback device.
Presonus Usb DriverOk everyone I'm going to post my 'AB USB' document that covers a lot of potential problems:
Potential issues with AB USB
1. Bad/intermittent USB cable, also sometimes a shorter USB cable in the 1-2 foot length can solve issues(sometimes even shorter…. For some reasons I can’t even begin to get into here)…
2. Bad USB port… this can be a power issue (not all USB ports are equal!) and sometimes a powered USB hub is the best solution (and the ONLY one). USB port issues are NOT always power related. Some ports have other devices or ports that can conflict, through IRQ’s, and shared ports. Here you can run interrupt request reports and see if there are conflicts with the port you’re on.
3. The Audio Box USB is a PORT SPECIFIC device. This means it MUST be used on the same port it was installed on! If you wish to try a different port, you will need to go to the Knowledge base http://support.presonus.com/forums find your computer and OS and follow the uninstall protocols in the KB article. Then reinstall the device.
4. Some computers (PC) only have USB 3.0 ports ( not supported ) and in the Bios you can disable the USB3.0 portion of the ports, this is generally global, so you'll loose any 3.0 capabilities on all ports.
1. Using the disc that comes with the USB is a BAD idea…unless you have no other options. There’s no telling if it’s current or not. Go to the DOWNLOADS section ( the above link ) and get the latest driver for your computer/OS. Always make sure your computer and software are up to date if your having any kind of issue, and of course, to avoid problems when it’s all working well…don’t change ANYTHING. (see below)
2. When working with a new install many things can cause issues. It is generally accepted that if your system is running without problems TURN AUTO UPDATE off… For first time or new installs you can save yourself a LOT of headaches by making sure your computer is up to date, and that you are running the latest driver on this sight for your device and computer platform/OS…(yes I repeated that because it’s often overlooked)
3. Generally a computer used for digital audio recording should be used and set up for that purpose, because you will probably need to disable many of the safeguards in place for web browsing, power savers and the like… basically anything that slows down the computer should be suspect. There are great articles dealing with this here as well:
6. Speaking of this, optimizing your computer is a must! There are platform specific optimization articles in the knowledge base (above). Make sure to do these but realize that when you’re done the computer is completely vulnerable to outside intervention and spyware/malware and viruses…so beware!
Presonus Usb Devices Driver Update
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/03/2014 23:30:29