Headquarters / Aiken, SC. 2160 Woodside Executive Court Aiken, SC 29803 p: 803-648-7171 f: 803-648-7909. Pinnacle Systems is the leader in video editing software and hardware and video transfer and duplication. Our digital video editing software is the industry's #1 selling film and video editing program.
- Pinnacle SCSI & RAID Devices Driver Download For Windows
- Pinnacle Scsi & Raid Devices Driver Download For Windows 10
|Other names||SPTI; SPT|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Predecessor||Advanced SCSI Programming Interface (ASPI)|
|Type||Application programming interface|
SCSI Pass Through Interface (SPTI) is an application programming interface (API) accessing a SCSI device. It is developed by Microsoft Corporation and is part of the Windows NT family of operating systems.
The storage port drivers provide an interface for Win32 applications to send SCSI Command Descriptor Block (CDB) messages to SCSI devices. The interfaces are IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH and IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT. Applications can build a pass-through request and send it to the device by using this IOCTL.
SPTI is accessible to Windows software using the DeviceIoControl Windows API.
ImgBurn offers SPTI as a method for accessing optical disc drives.
Other SCSI interfaces
- Advanced SCSI Programming Interface (ASPI) by Adaptec, Nero AG and Pinnacle Systems
- ASAPI by VOB Computersysteme GmbH and Pinnacle Systems
- ElbyCDIO by Elaborate Bytes
- Patin-Couffin by VSO Software
- SCSI Pass-Through Direct (SPTD) by Duplex Secure, Ltd.
- The SCSI pass-through driver for Linux is called 'SCSI generic' (sg)
- ^'INFO: SCSI Pass Through Functionality and Limitations (Revision: 2.2)'. Microsoft Support. Microsoft Corporation. 12 February 2007. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- ^'SCSI Pass Through Interface'. Microsoft Developer Network. Microsoft Corporation. 3 May 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- ^'ImgBurn Support Forum'. Retrieved 8 August 2009.
- ^'ASPI is not supported by Microsoft for all versions of Windows (Revision: 3.2)'. Microsoft Support. Microsoft Corporation. 30 June 2005. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
Pinnacle SCSI & RAID Devices Driver Download For Windows
- 'SCSI Port I/O Control Codes'. Microsoft Developer Network. Microsoft Corporation. 3 May 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- 'SCSI Interface for Multimedia and Block Devices'. CodePlex. Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved 20 May 2011.