As a last resort to fixing system issues on your HP laptop, you might consider bringing it back to its factory settings. Well, if that’s the case, then you would be glad you found this article. We will teach you how to factory reset an HP laptop running Windows 10. One of the methods will guide you through the steps needed when you cannot boot into your system normally. The other option will teach you how to reset your laptop when you can’t successfully log into it.
This guided tutorial will show you how to reset your laptop to factory defaults using OneKey Recovery. Be sure to back up your critical data when restoring your computer to factory defaults. How to Restore Your Laptop to Factory Settings on PC or Mac. This wikiHow teaches you how to reset your MacBook or Windows laptop to its original factory settings. If you want to sell your laptop or just want to get a fresh start. Factory Reset Laptop When Could Access to It Successfully. In Windows 7 and 8, there is system recovery partition provided. When you want to restore your laptop to factory settings in order to get a fresh and clean start, or get ready to sell it to others, make full use of recovery partition.
Method 1: Using Windows Settings to Factory Reset your HP Laptop
You can go to Windows Settings to factory reset your laptop. Of course, you will only be able to use this method when you can normally boot into your system. That said, here are the steps you must follow:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+S.
- Type “reset this PC” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Go to the right pane, then select Get Started.
- You can choose to keep your files or remove everything.
- Click Keep My Files when you want to retain your personal files, apps, and customizations
- Click Next, then select Reset. Your operating system will be re-installed, and your computer will restart.
- You can select Remove Everything when you prefer getting rid of all your personal files, apps, and customization settings.
- You can opt to remove all the files from all your drives or just the drive where Windows is installed.
- You have the option to just remove your files or to delete them while cleaning the drive.
- Once you click Reset, the process will start. It may take a while for it to complete.
Method 2: Using Windows Recovery Environment to Factory Reset your HP Laptop
If you can’t normally boot into your HP laptop, you can use Windows Recovery Environment to factory reset your device. You can do that by following the instructions below:
- Turn off your HP laptop.
- Disconnect all external devices (printers, USB drives, etc.) from your computer.
- Remove all recently added internal hardware.
- Press the Power button to switch your HP laptop on.
- Once your unit starts booting, immediately press the F11 key. Repeatedly press it until you see the Choose an Option screen.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Choose Reset this PC.
- You can either opt to keep your files or to remove everything.
- Select Keep My Files when you want to retain your data. Once you click Reset, your operating system will be reinstalled. The process may take a while.
- Choose Remove Everything when you want to remove all your personal files.
- You can opt to remove everything solely on the drive where your operating system is installed. On the other hand, you can click All Drives when you do not want to retain any data.
- You can also fully clean the drive you selected or just remove your files.
- Click Reset.
Important Step after Factory Resetting your HP Laptop
Pc-factory Laptops & Desktops Driver Download
Now that you have restored your HP laptop to its factory settings, the next thing you must do is ensure that you have the latest drivers for your operating system. You can manually update your drivers or automate the process, using a trusted tool like Auslogics Driver Updater. If you are not computer savvy, we recommend choosing the latter. After all, manually updating your drivers can be complicated, risky, and time-consuming. To give you an idea, let us show you the process.
- Press Windows Key+X on your keyboard. This should launch Device Manager.
- Now, you must go through all the drivers under every category. Make sure you expand the contents of each category to ensure that you won’t miss any drivers.
- Right-click the driver, then select Properties from the list.
- Go to the Driver tab, then click Update Driver.
- Choose the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
Resolve PC Issues with Driver Updater
Unstable PC performance is often caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. Auslogics Driver Updater diagnoses driver issues and lets you update old drivers all at once or one at a time to get your PC running smoother
You might see this message:
“The best driver software for your device is already installed.”
If you see that notification, there is an additional process you must perform to ensure that all the correct drivers are installed on your computer. You must manually search for the latest driver versions on the manufacturer’s website. It is critical that you download the ones that are compatible with your system. If you happen to download the wrong drivers, you might cause more harm than good to your computer.
As we’ve mentioned, the process can get complicated and can consume a significant amount of your effort and time. So, why would you risk installing the incorrect drivers when you can choose the easy and safe option? When you opt for Auslogics Driver Updater, you won’t have to search for the necessary drivers for your computer. You won’t even have to update your drivers step by step. What’s more, this tool will effectively protect your PC from almost all the problems related to drivers.
By using Auslogics Driver Updater after factory resetting your HP laptop, you will see a significant improvement in the speed and performance of your computer. As a certified Microsoft Silver Application Developer, Auslogics only provides quality software that can meet the stringent expectations of any Windows users. Even if you are looking for something specific (like how to defrag drives).So, you can trust that Driver Updater has been proven to be safe and effective.
Have you tried the methods we shared in this article?
Share your experience in the comments below!
'I just bought my first Alienware laptop, and I need to know how to do a fresh out of the box install.'
Usually, the setup isn't a tough task to perform, but sometimes it becomes a headache. So, in this article, I will be simplifying the method for Alienware factory reset in all windows OS, including Windows 7, 8, and 10. To perform a successful factory reset, you need patience, an active brain, and an Alienware PC/Laptop for sure. Here are ways that can potentially fix your problem by factory resetting Alienware computer.
How to Restore Alienware to Factory Settings on Windows 10/8/7
1. Using Recovery USB Creator
To reset Alienware PC, you need to have a recovery USB drive and then perform the following task.
- Boot into your system using USB Drive
- After successful boot, the Windows recovery screen will display asking for the Keyboard layout, choose the US.
- On the next screen, click on 'Troubleshoot' from the options.
- Then choose to 'Recover from a drive' in troubleshooting.
- On the next windows click on 'Just remove my files'; it will save a lot of time.
- Now the computer will ask for confirmation press the 'Recover' button, and you will be done.
That's how you can easily restore alienware to factory settings, and it works like a charm.
2. Using AlienRespawn
AlienRespawn is a proprietary software of Dell that comes preinstalled in Alienware PC/laptops. AlienRespawn helps users to backup information of their devices and data to protect it in case of data loss and run recovery on alienware laptop. Not just backup, but this software can quickly restore the computer to original factory settings. I am assuming you have your Recovery USB Drive created with AlienRespawn:
- Boot into your computer with a USB drive.
- Choose your Keyboard layout (I use the US mostly).
- When to access recovery options, log on as a local user appears, click on 'OK' to login.
- Select 'AlienRespawn Restore and Emergency Backup' on Choose a recovery tool screen.
- On the next Window, select 'Select other System Backup and more options' from two options.
- Check 'Restore my Computer' and click on Next.
- Choose Factory Image and Click on Next.
- Now choose to 'Restore without preserving new or changed files.'
- Now select 'Yes, continue' and click on next.
The system will start the process of factory resetting, and you will have your computer reset within a matter of a few minutes. Congratulations, you are done setting up new Windows.
Pc Factory Laptops & Desktops Driver Downloads
Extra Tips: Forgot Alienware Windows Password How to Do?
Before considering an alternative, you should recheck whether or not you entered the right username and password. First, try using an old username and password if that doesn't work. But if you forgot your password, don't worry; you don't have to reinstall Windows. PassFab 4WinKey is third-party software with a 100% success rate for not only resetting domain passwords but also any windows passwords. You can find multiple software online, but they cannot meet the features provided by PassFab 4WinKey. It wipes the strong and complex password in less time in efficient manners. In the next few steps, I will guide you about how to use this tool:
- Step 1: Download and install the program on another computer. Launch it, and insert your USB to burn a bootable disk.
- Step 2: Unplug your bootable disk and insert it into your locked computer and reboot the computer, at the same time keep pressing F12 or ESC to enter Boot Menu. After that, you can use thr arrow key to select your USB name and hit Enter.
- Step 3: Now, you will see the Windows System, select the system and click Next.
- Step 4: Next, select your locked account and click Remove Account Password to remove the password. Wait a Minutes and you password will be erased.
That's it and you will have access to your Alienware laptop or desktop computer without even reinstalling Windows on it. It works on all operating system including Windows 7/8 and Windows 10 without any problem. It will save you from hassle of resetting Alienware laptop.
First introduction of a problem which user stated in query is given and then the solution of it is provided in sections. The first section covers how to reset an Alienware PC/Laptop/Desktop using a USB recovery disk. The second section covers how a user can utilize Dell's AlienwareRespawn tool to reset a computer into its original state. The last fix is solution to saving data and other settings with PassFab 4WinKey software to recover password and gain access to Alienware computer again without formatting and resetting.