Short for peripheral component interconnect, PCI was introduced by Intel in 1992. The PCI bus came in both 32-bit (133 MBps) and 64-bit versions and was used to attach hardware to a computer. Although commonly used in computers from the late 1990s to the early 2000s, PCI has since been replaced with PCI Express.
Revisions came in 1993 to version 2.0, and in 1995 to PCI 2.1, as an expansion to the ISA bus. Unlike ISA and other earlier expansion cards, PCI follows the PnP specification and therefore did not require any jumpers or dip switches.
Fits any PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 or x16 socket; additional 8cm low-profile bracket provides the option for installation in small size HTPC case. EDUP pci-based 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet network adapter card provides a simple connection to a Gigabit Ethernet network, and is fully compatible with 802. 1Q virtual LAN (VLAN) tag. This download record includes the i40e Linux. base driver version 2.14.13 for the 700 series devices. Intel® Network Adapter Driver for PCIe. 40 Gigabit Ethernet. If you are a merchant of any size accepting credit cards, you must be in compliance with PCI Security Council standards. This site provides: credit card data security standards documents, PCIcompliant software and hardware, qualified security assessors, technical support, merchant guides and more. Pci Device Driver free download - Driver Booster, Driver Easy, Sound Blaster PCI 512 Driver Update (Windows 2000/XP), and many more programs.
The picture below shows an example of what PCI slots look like on a motherboard. As you can see, there are three PCI slots: PCI4, PCI5, and PCI6, and a CNR slot.
Examples of PCI devices
PCI device drivers
If you are looking for PCI drivers, you most likely need to download them for a specific PCI device. For example, if you need a PCI Ethernet adapter driver, install the drivers for the network card. See our drivers overview for a listing of drivers.
How many PCI slots are on a motherboard?
Download Pci Network & Wireless Cards Drivers
The number of PCI slots depend on the manufacturer and model of the motherboard. Today, very few motherboards come with any PCI with the introduction of PCI-E. Those few motherboards that do come with PCI slots have between one and three PCI slots.
How can I add a PCI card if I don't have a PCI slot?
To connect a PCI card to a computer, the computer's motherboard must have a PCI slot. As mentioned above, some of today's computers no longer come with a PCI expansion slot. If your motherboard does not have a PCI expansion slot, we recommend getting a more modern card that's supported by the motherboard.
Computer acronyms, Expansion slot, Hardware terms, Mini PCI, Motherboard terms, PCI-X, PIIX, PXI
Download PCI Network & Wireless Cards Drivers
This release includes i40e Linux* Base Drivers for Intel® Ethernet Network Connections.
This driver is compatible with devices based on the following:
* Intel® Ethernet Controller X710
* Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710
* Intel® Ethernet Network Connection X722
* Intel® Ethernet Controller XXV710
* Intel® Ethernet Controller V710
For the best performance, make sure the latest NVM/FW is installed on your device and that you are using the newest drivers.
For information on how to identify your adapter, and for the latest NVM/FW images and Intel network drivers, refer to the Intel Support website: http://www.intel.com/support
- Add support for multiple traffic classes for VF-d 3.0
- Add PF1 PTP clock synchronization with 1PPS external source
- Add PTP clock synchronization on GPIO4
- Add XDP frame size to driver
- Add zero-initialization of AQ command structures
- Add mac/vlan anti spoof in sysfs
- Del limit of VF bandwidth in QoS
- Fix for VF MAC address 0
- Fix DCB CEE mode
- Fix changing ownership of LLDP between FW and SW
- Fix trusted VF in promiscuous not getting tagged packets
- Fix allow_bcast feature
- Fix for inability to enable VF through sysfs
- Fix Error I40E_AQ_RC_EINVAL when removing VFs
- Fix for i40e_set_max_tx_rate() cleaning
- Fix page counting for XDP_REDIRECT
- Fix PF reset failed on i40e_probe
- Fix addition of RX filters after enabling FW LLDP agent
- Fix build failures on current upstream and OSV kernels
NOTE: Known issues in this release: Errors in statistics show number of errors in packets, but not number of error packets. It may be impossible to enable flow control of x710 by default in some cases.
- See the readme for installation instructions, how to identify your adapter, command line parameters, additional features, and known issues.